Monday 28 July 2014

Girl Effect

On 20th July 2014 my sister and I were lucky enough to be able to attend an intimate Jessie J concert for Girl Effect.
Before I carry on with the post here is a bit about what Girl Effect is. 'The girl effect is a movement. It's about leveraging the unique potential of adolescent girls to end poverty for themselves, their families, their communities, their countries and the world. It's about making girls visible and changing their social and economic dynamics by providing them with specific, powerful and relevant resources.'
Before this concert I had never heard of Girl Effect before and didn't realise the extent of what was happening to many girls who are living in poverty.  
Jessie J, Sasha Keable and George the Poet all performed at the concert in London and they really did put on a show. I've seen Jessie J many times before as my sister is a HUGE fan of hers and we've met her once. Her voice is just phenomenal and every show she puts on is incredible however I have to say the Girl Effect concert was by far the best I've been to! 
The concert wasn't the only Girl Effect event going on that day and we took a short walk down to Vibe Bar on Brick Lane to have a little look round the events taking place there. As we had concert tickets we were kindly gifted some Tatty Devine necklaces that had been designed especially for the day and are shown below.
The concert was such an eye opener and really made me appreciate just how lucky I am. For more information about Girl Effect visit http://www.girleffect.org/ and check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e8xgF0JtVg
Until next time 
Gemma







How amazing is that playsuit?!






1 comment: